- Information collected by EvacServices will be stored by Evacuation Services Australia Pty Ltd (EVAC) who is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers. The following policy discusses how personal information received by EVAC will be dealt with.
When EVAC May Collect Information
- Any information requested or collected by EVAC, will be directly necessary for a particular function or activity carried out by EVAC and for a lawful purpose. Individuals and organisations have the option of not identifying themselves when communicating with EVAC, providing this is practicable.
- EVAC will, where reasonable and practicable, only collect information about an individual or an organisation directly from that individual or organisation.
- EVAC will ensure that any information collected is relevant to that purpose, is not excessive, and is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual or organisation.
How EVAC Will Use Information
Evac will not use or disclose information:
- Without ensuring that the information is relevant, accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading;
- For a purpose other than that for which it was collected without consent unless the use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual to whom the information relates or of another person; or
- Which relates to an individual’s ethnic or racial origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; health or sexual activities.
Right of Access and Corrections to Information
- At the request of an individual or organisation, EVAC will confirm whether it holds any information about that party and if so, the nature of the information, the purpose for which is held, and allow the individual or organisation access to the information.
- If an individual or organisation notifies EVAC that information held about that party is incorrect, EVAC will make appropriate amendments at the individual/organisation’s request.
Storage, Security and Disposal of Information
- EVAC will take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of information held by it. EVAC will also ensure that information is kept for no longer than is necessary, that the information is disposed of securely, that the information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.